n December 2014 the Spanish Economic Association created its Committee on Industrial Economics, which simultaneously took over the organization of the Jornadas de Economía Industrial. The Jornadas are held annually and, with 30 years of history, are the most important conference held in Spain on issues related to research in industrial economics, market regulation and competition policy. Its excellent reputation has allowed it to become an outstanding meeting place for academics in these areas, not only in the Spanish context but also internationally.
Information on the next edition of the Industrial Economics Conference is available here.
President: Ricardo Flores-Fillol (Universidad Rovira i Virgili)
- Luis Aguiar (University of Zurich)
- Pilar Beneito (Universidad de Valencia)
- Paula González (Universidad Pablo de Olavide)
1) To decide the venue of JEI and appoint the chair of the “local committee” who, in turn, decides his/her team.
2) To supervise its funds in the account of the Spanish Economic Association, being responsible for any income or expense decision.
3) To appoint the chair of the “scientific committee” who, in turn, decides his/her team trying to have members from different institutions. The “scientific committee” has a one-year mandate, which corresponds to the organization of an edition of JEI. Therefore, the Committee on Industrial Economics appoints the chair of the “scientific committee” every year during the fall term (i.e., after the celebration of JEI in September).
4) To supervise the “scientific committee” and the “local committee”, as well as to facilitate their coordination.
5) To maintain the link and communication with the Spanish Economic Association.
6) Other strategic decisions.