n December 2014 the Spanish Economic Association created its Committee on Industrial Economics, which simultaneously took over the organization of the Jornadas de Economía Industrial. The Jornadas are held annually and, with 30 years of history, are the most important conference held in Spain on issues related to research in industrial economics, market regulation and competition policy. Its excellent reputation has allowed it to become an outstanding meeting place for academics in these areas, not only in the Spanish context but also internationally.
Information on the next edition of the Industrial Economics Conference is available here.
President: Ricardo Flores-Fillol (Universidad Rovira i Virgili)
- Luis Aguiar (University of Zurich)
- José Azar (IESE)
- Pilar Beneito (Universidad de Valencia)
- Guillermo Caruana (CEMFI)
- Inés Macho-Stadler (Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona)
- Mar Reguant (Northwestern University)
- To appoint the host institution for JEI.
- To operate as a scientific committee, which includes:
- To select the speakers of invited sessions and the keynote speaker of JEI.
- To evaluate the submissions to JEI.
- To decide the winner of the Young Economist Prize (YEP) of each edition of JEI
- To appoint the president of the scientific committee foreach edition of JEI, who will preferably be a member of the local committee or, failing that, a member of the Industrial Economy Committee. The president of the scientific committee will be in charge of preparing the JEI program